Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, direct, and
coordinate activities of a single or multiple projects to ensure
that goals or objectives of project are safely accomplished within
prescribed time frame and funding parameters and the customer
receives a quality product or service which meets or exceeds all of
the customer requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up and monitor project budgets. P rovide revenue and cost
advice to include relevant cost accruals as applicable. Participate
or directly engage in forecasting of project revenue and cost.
- Develop and maintain resource-loaded project schedule with
detailed work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Day to day management of assigned projects and project teams,
including the planning of project operations and the supervision of
operational personnel on site including the review of procedures,
staffing requirements and allocation of available resources to
various phases of the project to ensure project progresses on
schedule and within budget.
- Daily liaison on projects and systems to identify any issues
and ensure project is running as planned.
- Finding solutions where required to mitigate downtime or
project delays that impact the client business or profitability
rates of the project.
- Assist customers in preparation of design ideas and
- Conduct presentations and assists with sales and marketing
- As appropriate, c oordinate with Operations Lead and
Sales/Commercials personnel in the development of Bids and
- Review and approve quality plans and technical procedures. If
required, create procedures for subsea projects.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame,
funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing
requirements, and allotment of available resources to various
phases of project.
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project and
provide personnel requirements to Operations.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plans and to assign
duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Direct and coordinate activities of projects to ensure progres
sion is on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Review status reports and adjust schedules or plans as
- Review and approve documents related to meeting customer
- Oversee the g enerat ion of requisitions not related to general
Repair and M aintenance and review / approve requisite supplier
- Prepare project reports, forecast, variance explanations and
other technical and financial reports for management, client, or
- In conjunction with Technical Support, c onfer with project
personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Review and approve project invoices and assist in accounts
receivable issues with Customers .
- Travel domestically and overseas as needed.
- Maintain training requirements as directed by management.
- Work closely with the Commercial Department on the review of
ITTs and Bid submission to ensure properly defined scope of work,
technical competencies and equipment required. Mus t have a
detailed knowledge of work scope, terms and conditions and
- In coordination with Sales, p rovide client presentations on
new technologies or solutions that improve their performance.
- I mplementation of HSE Management Systems and compliance with
local regulations and preparation .
- Verify System compliance with all Technical, Operational, and
- Preparation of project reports, forecasts, variance
explanations and other financial or technical reports as required
by management, clients, or other stakeholders.
- Minimum three (3) years Project Management experience and/or
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Extensive working knowledge of Primavera and/or Microsoft
- Ability to learn and navigate in PeopleSoft or similar
enterprise management software, AutoCAD -, SolidWorks, Product
Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Customer Relationship Management
- Must hold/maintain a valid passport and be able to obtain visas
for international travel
- BS in Engineering or Equivalent Experience
- Offshore / oilfield operational experience
- Familiar with remotely operated systems, subsea well
intervention equipment and practices
- PMP Certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept
informed about developments and plans
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others.
This position is Hybrid - Remote and will require commuting to a
designated office. Hybrid work schedules are determined by the
hiring manager based on business need.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, The Woodlands , Project Manager, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!