Strategic Advisor - Due Dilligence
Company: Enbridge Employee Services Inc
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Posting End Date:
September 22, 2023
This is a non-union position
Enbridge is looking for a highly experienced Strategic Advisor who
will enhance and support Asset Integrity (AI) due diligence project
assurance, which primarily focuses on leading the AI interface for
new assets (new growth capital or acquisitions) or asset
divestures, as sponsored by other business development. This role
extends to oversite in the vision and change management planning
and enhancing the AI Due Diligence processes as well as supporting
AI project sponsorship processes, focuses on shepherding
non-routine Integrity-driven projects from initial identification
and justification through project close-out while ensuring proper
Are you interested? Apply today!!
Here's what you will do:
- Ensure AI is appropriately addressed in the DD process, both
for internal developments and acquisitions.
- Develop and ensure execution of AI plans and budgets
encompassing all Integrity involvement within each project,
including engineering studies, inspection plans, and rehabilitation
costs through both the project and pipeline lifecycles.
- Manage AI priorities (ensuring integrity design standards are
followed) throughout the development or acquisition through
commissioning, acceptance, integration and long-term
- Manage the completion of Engineering Assessments as required
for new projects or related internal drivers.
- Provide technical support to business development initiatives
involving pipeline and related terminal development, infrastructure
for new pipeline business opportunities.
- Lead teams of AI subject matter experts to complete DD
activities and prepare reports for senior leadership.
- Develop, execute, and manage documented procedures for all
facets of the AI DD process.
- Facilitate or participate as the AI representative in corporate
wide initiatives; present and defend the decisions made on
corporate initiatives to senior leadership within AI.
- Coordinate AI senior leadership approvals of the initiative
action plans and results.
- Ensuring Integrity plans are communicated and integrated for
optimal pipeline operation.
- Serve as a liaison for AI on project related functions both
within Enbridge and externally, including, project execution, asset
management, gas control, commercial marketing, regulators,
customers, and external information requests.
- Understanding the Integrity Science and threat overview on the
respective asset(s) and making balanced business recommendations to
senior leadership considering scope, cost, and revenue impacts to
- Proactively maintain and promote intradepartmental
relationships within AI as well as interdepartmental relationships
(between AI and other Enbridge/GTM business units).
Who you are :
- You have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and a Professional Engineering
designation (for candidates located in Canada).
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience (project
management, integrity, and/or other pipeline industry related
experience is an asset); comparable technical or operational
experience will be considered.
- Prior work experience supporting Mergers and Acquisitions with
specific involvement in leading technical Due Diligence reviews and
condition assessments of the assets.
- Strong Project Management skills with demonstrated previous
experience as a Project Manager or Project Engineer - developing
schedules, track actions, and drive projects to
- Strong facilitation, collaboration, and negotiation skills to
influence and drive-forward results and decisions without formal
- Effective and professional communication skills, both verbal
and written, with peers, management, internal/external
stakeholders, vendors, and service providers.
- You can:
- Successfully prioritize multiple projects to meet task,
deliverable, and schedule requirements while managing stakeholder
- Demonstrate broad business and technical knowledge in resolving
problems, project management, identifying opportunities and has a
keen awareness of interrelationships with other
- Fluent with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
Outlook) and ability to utilize other engineering/technical
- Leverage innovation in project planning, development,
coordination, and other areas of accountability.
- You are:
- Self-motivated, independent, innovative, responsible and a team
player with a strong work ethic and initiative.
- Able to travel throughout North America (US and Canada) for
- The following are considered assets:
- Formal project management training and credentials with the
Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Masters degree in Business or Engineering Management.
- Asset Management training.
- Prior work experience in integrity or pipeline operational
knowledge and experience.
- Experience in applying risk-informed decision making and using
tools to analyze risk.
- Strong data analysis, metrics, and data mining skills (e.g.,
Power Query, pivot tables, Power BI, dashboards).
- A continuous improvement (i.e. Six Sigma, RCA)
- Strong mentorship capability.
- Informal leadership skills: coaching, mentoring, collaboration
and conflict resolution.
- Typical office environment.
- Travel as required - less than 20% (Other U.S or Canada offices
and/or site locations).
- Ability to travel between the U.S and Canada is required -
candidates must have a Passport.
- Required to prioritize and manage multiple assignments while
meeting established deadlines and managing stakeholder
Enbridge provides competitive workplace programs that differentiate
us and offer flexibility to our team members. Enbridge's FlexWork
(Hybrid Work Model) offers eligible employees the opportunity to
work variable daily schedules with a flexible start and end time,
to opt for a compressed workweek schedule, and the option to work
from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. Role requirements determine
your eligibility for each option or combination of options.
Physical Requirements include but are not limited to:
Grasping, kneeling, light - moderate lifting (objects up to 20
pounds), reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, typing,
sitting, standing, visual requirement (able to see screens, detect
color coding, read fine print), hearing requirement and the ability
to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Mental Requirements (Both Field & Office) include but are not
Ability to: understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
instructions or other information, understand complex problems and
collaborate/explore alternative solutions, organize thoughts and
ideas into understandable terminology, organize and prioritize work
schedule on a short-term basis, make decisions which have moderate
impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside this
area, understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines,
complete routine forms, compose letters, outlines, memoranda and
basic reports and communicate with individuals via telephone.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer .We are committed to
providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals,
without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native
American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can
request accessible formats, communication supports, or other
accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org .
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only
those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a
security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com
Keywords: Enbridge Employee Services Inc, The Woodlands , Strategic Advisor - Due Dilligence, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!